About Our Whirlpool Dryer Repair Service
There are compelling reasons that your neighbors and the surrounding communities of Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Mundelein, Northbrook, Palatine, Wheeling, Des Plaines, Elk Grove Village, Long Grove, Vernon Hills and Mount Prospect trust Area Appliance Service with their Whirlpool dryer repair. Our repair technicians have demonstrated a commitment to providing the best local customer service and work for over 50 years.
Why You Should Hire Area Appliance Service For Your Whirlpool Dryer Repair:
- We waive the service charge when we work on your Whirlpool dryer.
- We only consider repair jobs completed when they are done so correctly. We get it right the first time around.
- Transparency is non-negotiable with us and we give upfront, honest estimates, waiting to get your approval before we start working on your dryer.
- Taking several factors into account, we are always truthful about whether your clothes dryer is worth repairing or if buying new is your best option.
- We back up our work with a 12-month guarantee and genuine manufacturer parts.
Our licensed, insured and authorized technicians are highly skilled and experienced in repairing all leading appliance brands including Whirlpool. A malfunctioning Whirlpool dryer can throw your life into a tailspin. We meet your needs to get fixed promptly with our 24/7 emergency service.
Top 5 Whirlpool Dryer Problems & Solutions
Even the best quality Whirlpool dryers have issues sometimes. Keep reading to learn about the top 5 problems that dryers experience and Whirlpool dryer service solutions.
1. Power Loss
First, test the outlet to see if it is working by plugging a small kitchen appliance or lamp into the outlet. You can conclude the outlet is not the issue if the appliance or lamp powers on. Another culprit is a door switch that breaks while in the “off” position, which will stop the dryer from moving altogether.
2. Failure To Heat Up
Do not assume the worst if your dryer suddenly fails to heat up. Some settings blow out cool rair rather than emitting heat. If you determine that you have selected the correct setting, the electronic ignition may be responsible. This repair requires gaining difficult access and using specialized tools, so you should always let a certified repair technician take care of it.
3. Making Loud Noises
A dryer that makes grinding or squealing noises may indicate a serious problem. Squealing sounds can be due to a loose drum belt that is sliding around the exterior of the drum. This issue requires replacement of the belt or idler pulley. Grinding noises can be caused by the drum support bearing or rollers that support the rear. It can also be due to worn drum supports or glides. A technician will need to replace the faulty parts.
4. Drum Will Not Spin
A faulty switch, belt or motor can prevent the drum in your dryer from spinning. An experienced repair technician is the only person who can handle this complicated Whirlpool dryer repair.
5. Clothes Remain Wet
The heating element in a clothes dryer is absolutely essential to its operation because it is responsible for heating the air inside of the drum. A burned-out heating element can make it impossible for your dryer to dry your clothes in a timely manner or at all. A repair technician should be the one to test this part, as the process is tricky. At this point, the technician is on hand to make the repair if the heating element is faulty.
You can read more about Whirlpool dryer problems, repairs and tips in these related articles:
- 4 Reasons Your Dryer Is Not Drying Clothes
- Common Residential Dryer Problems And Solutions
- What Not To Put In The Washer And Dryer
- Prevent A Clothes Dryer Fire And Improve Its Performance
- Foolproof Measures To Protect Your Clothes Dryer From Costly Outside Vent Issues
Revealing Whirlpool Clothes Dryer Statistics
- 6,940 Whirlpool dryers sold in 2018
- 312 Whirlpool dryers serviced in 2018
- Hundreds of repair technician rated Whirlpool the top dryer manufacturer in a recent survey
- Dryers last between 12 to 18 years and should last a minimum of 10 years