While you may not use your oven every single day, chances are, you cook or bake a meal or dessert in it nearly every day. Face it, getting through the week without it would be hard. So, if it malfunctions, you are left in a tough spot.
Fortunately, this article is going to educate you about the causes and solutions available when your oven is not working, and when it is time to call a professional repair technician.
Oven Doesn’t Heat Up
A number of different factors could be to blame if your oven will not heat to the correct temperature or fails to heat at all. The former issue can occur due to gas igniter, heating element or temperature sensor. A faulty igniter can cause this issue in a gas oven and the heating element can create the latter issue in an electric oven.
The only effective solution for these problems is the replacement of the faulty parts, so it is best to rely on the expertise of a professional to fix either one of these issues.
Stove Burners Won’t Light
A gas burner that will not light could be the result of a bad electric ignition. While it may be tempting to light it manually with a match, the safest bet is to troubleshoot it in certain ways including cleaning food debris out of the burner and inspecting the wires that connect the igniter to the control module.
If these actions fail to resolve the issue and your oven still is not working, it is time to enlist the help of a repair technician.
Oven’s Self-Cleaning Feature Will Not Start
Who has time to clean an oven they rely on to self-clean? You do not need another task added to your to-do list. There are steps you can follow if your oven’s self-clean cycle is not working:
- Double-check to make sure you are starting the cycle and setting knobs and timers correctly.
- Accept that certain messes may require elbow grease and may be too tough for the self-cleaning cycle.
- If you find your oven is not self-cleaning after taking these steps and factors into account, it is time to call a repair person to examine the thermostat, control board and door lock motor and switch.
Get Your Stove & Oven Up And Running Again Quickly
When your oven is not working and you are not able to fix the problem yourself, the seasoned professionals at Area Appliance Service can help. We have been in business since 1958, servicing and repairing top oven and stove brands such as Maytag, Samsung, Kenmore, Whirlpool, LG, Amana and more.
We take great pride in providing exemplary customer service and completing repairs in a highly skilled manner. We make it a point to give you a crystal clear explanation of the issue at hand and the estimated cost of fixing it. We respect your busy schedule, showing up for all appointments on time, and offer emergency service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our long list of credentials includes the following:
- HomeAdvisor Screened & Approved
- A+ BBB Rating
- We Earned The Elite Service Award & Top-Rated Award
- Association Of Home Appliance Manufacturers
- We Backup Our Technicians With A 100% Satisfaction Guarantee On Parts & Labor For Up To 12 Months.
- We are Green, Recycling All Parts
Give us a call today at 847-459-8070 to experience the Area Appliance Service difference for yourself.